2017 Dog Tags are available now. The dogs represented in this slideshow are the beloved pets, and one retired K9, of Manassas City employees.
- The Code of Virginia and the City of Manassas requires all owners to license dogs that are over four months old. New residents must license their pets within 30 days of moving to Manassas.
- Dog licenses are renewed annually and expire on December 31st.
- Dog licenses are available beginning in December of the effective year.
- All dog license applications must include a valid rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed veterinarian.
- Owners of neutered males and spayed females pay $5 for their license. Proof of the pet's spay/neuter is required.
- Owners of intact males and females pay $10 for their pet's license.
- Dogs must wear their license tags securely fastened on their collars whenever the pet is off the owner's property. It is recommended that you always have tags on your dogs when they are outside; even on your property.
- Remember that a license tag helps ensure that you are notified if someone finds your lost dog.
- Licenses are not levied on guide dogs for the blind, hearing dogs for the hearing impaired, or service dogs for the mobility impaired.
- Failure to purchase a dog license is a Class IV Misdemeanor, punishable by up to a $250 fine.
Purchase Your Dog License
Visit our office at Manassas City Hall, or mail a copy of the appropriate certificates, dog license application, and check to:
City of Manassas Treasurer’s Office
P.O. Box 512
Manassas, VA 20108