The Harris Pavilion, in the center of Historic Downtown Manassas, transforms every winter into a beautiful ice rink perfect for family and friends outings. Featuring premium lighting and music to skate by, the rink is just a one-minute walk from the Manassas Train Depot and the VRE parking garage, which is available for free parking after 10 a.m.
While visiting the Harris Pavilion, you will notice fabulous places to shop and dine just steps from the Pavilion.
Hours of Operation
The Harris Pavilion is a great place to bring the family for a fun, outdoor adventure. Ice Skating will run from November 16, 2018 through March 3, 2019 (weather permitting). Did you know that ice skating was invented around 3000 BC to help people travel in the winter? Fun Fact. Join us!
Ice Skating Hours:
- Monday & Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday & Thursday: 3 to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 3 to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 to 5 p.m.
Holiday Hours and Special Skate Sessions:
- Wednesdays in Jan. & Feb. - 6 - 8 p.m. Free skate, $5 skate rental
- Thursdays & Fridays in Jan. & Feb. - 3 - 6 p.m. Matinee Skate - $5 including rentals
- November 21 - 12 - 8 p.m.
- November 23 - 12 - 10 p.m.
- December 20-22 - 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- December 23 & 24 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- December 26-29 - 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- December 30-31 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- January 1 - 12 - 5 p.m.
- January 2 - 12 - 8 p.m.
- January 21 - 12 - 7 p.m.
- February 18 - 12 - 7 p.m.
The Harris Pavilion will be closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Admission for the Harris Pavilion
- Adults: $9.00
- Child (10 and under): $8.00
Skate Rental: $5
- 10 Pack (pre-purchase 10 admissions, does not include skate rental)
- Adult: $80
- Child (10 and under): $70
- Group Rate (includes birthday parties): $1 off 10 or more people - reservations required
- Gift Certificates Available
Ice Skating Lessons
Whether you are new to ice skating or just want to refresh your skills, ice skating lessons are the way to go. We teach all ages (5 and up, including adults) and all skill levels. The program stresses a skating environment that is engaging, rewarding, safe and fun.
Saturday lesson times: 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. or 11:30 a.m.
Session 1: 1/5, 1/12, 1/19 and 1/26
Session 2: 2/2, 2/9, 2/16 and 2/23
$70 for 4 consecutive weeks, skate rentals included, and receive 2 free passes.
Is your school, youth group, or organization looking for a FUN way to fundraiser? Area organizations are invited to participate in our FUN Fundraiser Program!
What is it?
It’s an easy and fun opportunity for everyone to get involved and enjoy an evening of skating! This is a perfect alternative to traditional fundraising, at no cost to your organization! Booking is simple…
- Reserve the date/time of your FUNdraiser at the Harris Pavilion Ice Rink. FUNdraisers can be booked Monday-Thursday in November and December; Thursdays in January and February.
- Spread the word by email and social media, pass out flyers, tell your friends, etc. The more skaters the more funds your organization can raise! We can help you promote by sharing your event on our social media outlets.
- On the night of the event, we will track the number of guests your FUNdraiser brings in. Each FUNdraiser guest receives a discounted rate of $10, this includes admission and skate rentals, and your organization receives $3 back for each.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
See how easily your business can be a part of these unique advertising opportunities!
The Harris Pavilion is available to rent during the warmer months from mid-April to late October for special events, ceremonies, festivals, shows and parties. The Pavilion is 120 feet long, 60 feet wide and 30 feet high with restroom facilities. The Pavilion holds 1,000 people standing, 750 people seated theatre style and 500 people seated at tables. The hours of use are 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. seven days a week. The Pavilion is ideal for music and dancing and is handicapped accessible.
A 50% deposit is due with the application. The balance is due 30 days prior to the event.
|Half Day (up to 6 hours)||Full Day|
|Private Social Event (City of Manassas Residents**)||$250||$350|
|Private Social Event (Not City of Manassas Resident)||$750||$1,000|
|For Profit Organization||$1,000||$1,500|
*Proof of 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) status is required.
** Proof of residency is required with the application. This can be in the form of a driver's license, vehicle registration, or other government issued document.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Security deposits based on the expected attendance are due with the balance of the rental fee and will be refunded after your event provided no damage to the site or overtime occurs.
- The City does not provide stages, tents, tables or chairs at this time. They may be rented from a vendor of your choosing.
- Serving alcohol is permitted with proper permits, a copy of permits must be provided to the rental site.
- Catering may be done by a vendor of your choice provided the caterer provides a certificate of insurance, business license and health department certification at least 30 days prior to the event.
- All set-up and take down must be done by the renter and/or their vendors and must be done within the contracted rental time.
- Events that also require the closure of West Street and/or are expected to attract more than 200 people require a Use of Public Grounds Permit from the City of Manassas Police Dept.
Harris Pavilion Rules & Regulations
Rent the Pavilion:
For Harris Pavilion Rentals