Trash and Recycling
HHW and Electronics Drop Off Day
Drop off your electronics and household hazardous waste at the Manassas Transfer Station from 8am -12pm on Saturday March 4th.
Get Ready for Snow
Don't let the winter weather get you down. See our information for trash and recycling when it snows.
New Television/Computer Monitor Collection Service Begins in February
The City of Manassas is launching a new curbside collection program for televisions and computer monitors.
Beginning February 1st, residents can call the Trashline on
(703) 257 -8252 to schedule collection for Thursday pick-up. Please note that residents must call to schedule collection and that televisions and monitors will not be picked up as part of regular trash and recycling collection.
Calling All Artists!
The City of Manassas, in conjunction with American Disposal Services, Inc. are hosting a Recycled Outdoor Art Competition. The competition is in an effort to bring attention to America Recycles Day in November. It is also one more way to celebrate artists in the community. Click here for an application!
What to do with Yellow Phone Books
New phone books are expected to be delivered to residents during the month of May. These phone books are recyclable and you can dispose of your old and unwanted phone books just by putting them in your recycling cart! You can also opt out of receiving one by visiting www.yellowpagesoptout.com.
Dealing with Illegal Dumping
The City of Manassas needs your help to reduce incidents of illegal dumping and keep our streets safe and clean. Here are 3 tips to help make collecting your large items easier:
- Plan ahead. The City cannot collect large volumes of trash and furniture at curbside. If you have a lot to dispose of, you can book the Courtesy Truck by calling (703) 257-8256.
- Get advice. Call the Trashline on (703) 257-8252 at least 24 hours ahead of your collection day to schedule pick up of large items. Together, we can assess how much you are putting out and if we can collect it.
- Set out safely. Set out your large items the night before collection in a way that is safe and secure. Loose trash can blow around and into the street posing a threat to the safety of drivers and pedestrians.
- Report illegal dumping. Large amounts of unwanted and uncollectable trash at the curb can be considered illegal dumping under Virginia State law with fines up to $2,500 and possible jail time. In the City of Manassas, property owners may be billed up to $400 for the cost of removing uncollectable trash.
Manassas City Police will be partnering with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to give the public yet another opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs. The service is free and anonymous, no questions asked.
The City of Manassas drop-off site will be located at: Novant Health UVA Health System Prince William Medical Center, 8700 Sudley Road in Manassas, from
10 a.m. - 2p.m.
For more information call: Manassas City Police on (703) 257-8064.
Did we miss your trash, recycling or yard waste? You can report your miss by calling the Trashline on (703) 257-8252.
Give us your house number and street address and tell us what has been missed.
All misses reported by 2 p.m. will be collected on the same day. If you report your miss after 2 p.m. it will be collected on the next business day.
Heading Back to the Garden
Spring is here and soon everyone will be heading back into the garden to help make Manassas beautiful for the summer. Here are some helpful yard waste reminders for you:
- Set your yard waste out on Sunday night for Monday collection.
- Always use brown paper yard waste bags or private containers – no plastic bags please.
- Bundle and tie your branches.
- Remember the City will not collect branches bigger than 4’ long and 3” thick.
- Yard waste is organic material only – no lumber and no garden furniture allowed.
Your yard waste matters! In 2016, the City collected over 2,000 tons of yard waste, which is recycled as compost for reuse in landscaping!