Trash and Recycling
Snow and Bad Weather
Snow and bad weather can make setting out your trash and recycling difficult and even hazardous to your health. Here are a few tips to make your winter trash and recycling collection easier:
- Trash and recycling collection may be postponed or delayed when road conditions are poor. Check the City of Manassas government channel, website, Facebook page or call the Trashline on (703) 257-8252.
- Make your container easy to see. Set your trash out in hard-sided containers with tight-fitting lids, preferably the City trash and recycling containers.
- Think before you set out bulk waste. Setting out large items in bad weather can be dangerous for you and for the crew. Please call ahead to schedule bulk waste collection.
- Report damaged carts and/or bins. Freezing cold weather can be hard on plastic containers causing them to shatter and break. Call the Trashline at (703) 257-8252 as soon as you see damage and we will replace your container on the next scheduled delivery day.
- Please have patience. Our aim is to collect your trash and recycling in a timely manner. Our contractor will be checking the safety of road conditions all night before they postpone or cancel service. Sometimes a storm may not be as bad as it seems and collections will follow a regular schedule. We will let you know as soon as there are any changes.
Trash and Recycling Collection
Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
There will be no trash and recycling collection on Wednesday, Dec. 25 and Wednesday, Jan. 1, in observance of the Christmas and New Year holidays.
Christmas – Wednesday, December 25 Wednesday pick up on Saturday
New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1 Wednesday pick up on Saturday
Please be advised that cart deliveries/exchanges and collections for large items, appliances, and televisions will be suspended during the holiday days to avoid any confusion.
Live Christmas Tree Collection
Did you know that live Christmas trees can be collected as yard waste? Once the holidays are over, set out live Christmas trees for collection as yard waste beginning January 6, 2020. Please make sure to remove all lights, ornaments, and garland before the tree is set out for collection on Sunday night. All artificial Christmas trees will be collected as trash on regularly scheduled collection days. Please call (703) 257-8252 for more information.
You can find out when we collect your yard waste, trash and recycling by visiting our interactive map. Just enter your street address to find out more.
Did we miss you today? You can report your missed collection here or call the Trashline on (703) 257-8252 during business hours.
Do you have paint, chemicals, oil or gas to drop off? We offer free drop-off days for residents at the Manassas Transfer Station. Did you know that we can collect your television or computer monitor at curbside? Call the Trashline on (703) 257-8252 to schedule your collection.
Residents can schedule collection of large items (that do not fit in trash containers) including furniture, fridges, air conditioners and exercise equipment by calling the Trashline on (703)257-8252. Click here for more information.