In order to enhance the environment and the appearance of our community, we, the undersigned, request permission to participate Keep Manassas Beautiful at the following location (address and/or boundary description) for a period of two (2) years (*Military groups must provide a copy of the group’s leader(s) work order showing they can meet this requirement).
Exact name and spelling as it should appear on sign (not to exceed 20 characters, including spaces and punctuation).
1. The applicant agrees to conduct a minimum of one litter cleanup/maintenance session every other month (or six litter cleanups/ maintenance sessions per year) and submit a report (with a week) after each cleanup. The work will be performed under and in accordance with the Keep Manassas Beautiful guidelines and safety tips.
2. The applicant shall at all times indemnify and hold harmless the City of Manassas and its employees, agents, and officials from liability, responsibility, damage, claims, fees, costs, expenses and losses, including reasonable attorney’s fees arising from the exercise of the privileges granted under this Agreement.
3. Each person participating in any cleanup activities or maintenance sessions related to the Keep Manassas Beautiful does so at his or her own risk, and the City of Manassas, its employees, agents, and officials shall not be responsible or liable for property damage or personal injury resulting from such participation. The applicant shall so advise all participants of the foregoing conditions.
4. The participation by a minor in any such cleanup activities or maintenance sessions shall be conclusive evidence that the parent or legal guardian of such minor: a) has given permission for such minor to participate; b) agrees to the above conditions on behalf of such minor.
5. If the above location is privately owned property, the property owner shall provide a signed letter permitting litter collection, and by doing so, grants permission for such activities and releases the City of Manassas, its employees, agents, and officials from all responsibility and liability for property damage and personal injury resulting from the activities conducted pursuant to this Agreement.
6. This Agreement may be terminated by the City of Manassas at any time the applicant does not comply with this Agreement or at any time the applicant’s work effort is considered unsafe. The City reserves the right to revise or discontinue this program at any time.
7. Notification: It will be the responsibility of the adoptive group to notify the program unit office of any changes within their group as it affects their adoption (i.e. changes in contact person, phone number, address, e-mail, etc.)
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field