Permitting self service is now available.
What can you do online?
- Check the status of building permits and plan reviews
- Pay permit fees
- Schedule building/trade inspections
- Verify the status of inspections
Expedited Commercial Plan Review Program
We’re here to help expedite the review and approval of plans for smaller commercial projects in existing buildings and shell buildings that have received final inspection. Please contact Eric Lowe at
(703) 257-8273, or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn more about the Fast Track Program.
The update to Article 3 (landscaping, fencing, and screening requirements) and Article 9 (transportation standards and specifications)of the DCSM are complete and in effect.
Updates to the City’s zoning ordinance are complete and went into effect on August 22, 2016.
The Department of Housing and Community Development adopted the 2012 Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) effective July 14, 2014.
Work Zone Traffic Control Form
must be on file with the City’s Site Inspector prior to commencement of any work in roadways.
- Building and Trade Permits
- Site and Utility Permits
- Zoning Permits
- Occupancy Permits
- Demolition Permits
- Franchise Agreements and Permits
Plans & Sureties
- Archived Scanned Site Plans
- New Construction Complaints
- Cross-Connection Program / Backflow Prevention
- Design and Construction Standards Manual, Letters to Industry and Technical Memos
- Third Party Inspections Policy
- Stormwater Management Regulations
Let Us Know How We’re Doing.
Take Our Customer Survey
Overview and Mission
The mission of the Development Services Division is to provide professional and courteous, building, site development, zoning, property maintenance, plan review, and permitting services to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the city’s present and future generations, businesses, and visitors so that Manassas may continue to grow and prosper while maintaining and enhancing its quality of life. We accomplish this goal by providing processes that are efficient, predictable, and transparent and with services that are both timely and accurate. We strive to discover, communicate, and implement solutions to meet the needs of all clients.
Eric Lowe, Development Services Manager/Building Official
9027 Center St. / Room 201
Manassas, VA 20110
Phone: 703-257-8278 / Fax: 703-257-5831
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (transactions 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Wednesday Walk-Through Hours 8 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
Closed on federal holidays