Learn More About Recycling
What is recycling?
Recycling is when we take something that we were going to throw away, find something else to do with it, and then use it again. Lots of things can be recycled such as paper, metal, plastic, glass, electronics, batteries, and even leaves from your yard.
5 cool things to know about recycling:
- It saves money by reducing the amount of trash sent to landfills.
- Recycling helps to create local jobs and supports local businesses.
- Recycling puts less stress on the environment and improves the air we breathe and the water we drink.
- By recycling paper – we can save loads of trees!
- Plastic, glass, paper, and metals can be used over and over again to make the same thing – or make something new like playground equipment, benches, t-shirts, sneakers, and really really cool art!